Corporate Finance Manager
Reports To: Head of Finance Japan
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Entity: Imperial Tobacco Japan K.K.
- To ensure periodic reporting to Group Finance.
- To coordinate day-to-day accounting operations ensuring Group finance policies and local tax requirements.
- To provide ad-hoc financial analysis and support to the local management.
Management of Accounting practices
- Produce timely, informative Management Accounts that reflect the performance of the business.
- Manage the Company's monthly reporting process to meet Local/Division, Group and local tax requirements.
- Ensure statutory reporting and tax filing liaising with external tax accountants.
- Support annual Business Planning submission, liaising with stakeholders.
- Deliver quality and value added financial information and analysis for General Manager, Sales and Marketing team and Head of Finance in Japan for decision making.
- Maintain close relationships with Group Finance, Divisional Finance and local operational team, and provide assistance to local team when they have queries with Group policies and requirements.
- Maintain proper internal control and compliance and make recommendations for cost control and profit improvement to the market managers.
- Manage Working Capital Forecasts to ensure forecasts are accurate and performance against forecast is explained and reported within Region/Group requirements.
- Review and manage local markets master files and investment approval process to ensure compliance to Group policy, financial accuracy and timely approval.
- Monitor and ensure that ITG Code of Conduct and Sales Integrity policies and processes are fully complied.
- Support the team in ad hoc project analysis with objective of maximising profit and improving efficiencies.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience Required
- Possesses a University degree or equivalent professional qualification in the finance discipline.
- At least 5 years broad financial experience in a substantial sized company with a sound understanding of all levels of the tobacco business and environment.
- Should be systems oriented and feel comfortable managing the operation of software packages.
- Independent with strong analytical, strategic and critical thinking skills.
- Strong negotiating, interpersonal, communication and influencing / persuading skills are required.
Group Finance in UK and Cluster Finance in Taiwan
Local Management Team in Japan
Operational Teams (i.e. Finance, Supply chain, HR, IT etc) in local market
Principal liaison with Consultants, Customers, Suppliers, Government authorities & Banks