Financial Planning Analyst / Senior Financial Planning Analyst
Reports To (Name & Role): FP&A Manager, Japan
Country Base: Japan
- To assist manager for Latest Estimate (LE) and business planning process in line with Division and Group requirements.
- To ensure the accuracy of actual monthly results vs. plan.
- To add value to the relatively new finance team by providing Imperial way of reporting and useful contacts in Taiwan, UK and the like.
- To provide ad-hoc and effective financial analyses and support to Japan management team.
Management Planning / Forecasting / Actual Closing
- Produce timely, informative analyses that reflect the performance of the business against approved latest estimates to Japan management and Cluster Finance team.
- Work on the Company's monthly planning process to ensure estimates are accurate and meet Local/Division and Group requirements based on Manager's guidance.
- Work on annual Business Planning submission per manager's guidance; coordinate with Japan markets Sales and Marketing team and Divisional Senior Management team to ensure accurate and timely submission.
- Deliver quality and value added financial information and analyses for Japan management for proper decision making.
- Work closely with Japan business team, provide reports and effective analyses in a timely manner.
- Monthly variance analysis by brand mix / monthly phasing / vs plan.
- Value chain update / review.
- A&P budget control / A&P ROI evaluation based on projects, activities or channels.
- Champion of Japan A&P system.
- Support the team in ad hoc project analysis with objective of maximising profit and improving efficiencies.
- Support new product / new system launches and closely monitor and track their performance.
- Possesses a University degree or equivalent professional qualification in the finance discipline.
- At least 5 years broad financial experience in a substantial sized company.
- Good at working in teams, self-starter, good communicator.
- Should be systems oriented and feel comfortable managing the operation of software packages.
- Independent with strong analytical, strategic and critical thinking skills.
- Strong negotiating, interpersonal, communication and influencing / persuading skills are required.
Cluster Finance in Taiwan and Group Finance in UK
Local Management Team and staff in Japan
Assistant liaison with Auditors