Heated Tobacco Brand Planning & Activation Manager
Department: NGP (Next Generation Products) Japan
Reports to: Head of Heated Tobacco Brand Planning & Activation
Direct reports: None
Reporting to Head of Heated Tobacco Brand Planning & Activation, this is a crucial role in planning and delivering activities to increase awareness of the Heated Tobacco portfolio to the right consumer audience in a different way to that of the existing competitors.
The successful candidate will be responsible for analysing consumer trends and designing and developing the activation plans aiming for successful implementation across all online and offline activation channels to grow consumer engagement using his/her Japan consumer experience.
Develop brand communication activation model based on Target Audience and resource effectiveness:
- Identify the right touch points for the right brand Target Audience in market;
- Set right process for activation development to fit both trade and consumer needs;
- Prioritize the resource on reach considering quantity vs quality, to ensure effective reach in given investment;
- Ensure consistency of Brand communication in all consumer touch points;
- Set the consumer reach goal in each activation with effective "cost & reach";
- Develop the annual activation plan to support cycle planning.
- Work closely with the NGP digital team to align activation strategy;
- Work closely with Line manager on equity building and activation development;
- Understand the defined brand characteristics and attributes, and design accordingly the consumer & customer journey to communicate brand message, in order to build equity.
- Implement the global activation toolkit by managing agency on localization process.
- Work with SMS team to agree upcoming Trade activation needs and develop relevant materials;
- Work with brand planning side with new initiative launch & cycle planning with proper trade communication & activation.
- Work closely with Consumer experience manager on Branding Flagship stores' staff training and consumer experience;
- Manage External Agencies and Activation partners in ensuring activation execution excellence;
- Continuously capture learnings and suggest activation adaption accordingly;
Skills and experience
- Proven track record of successful delivery of omni-channel planning and activation (including online);
- Understanding of full marketing mix and all main social media platforms
- Ability to manage and partner with a local execution agency;
- Solid Insight & analytic background
- Creative on operational side to deliver the brand communication
- Ability to analyze and judge alignment of brand strategy direction with the brand communication & activation planning
- Good management of the overall brand activation planning budget
- Sound understanding on the mechanism of CVS business and sales circumstances
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills