Reports To: Accounting Manager
Grade: Non CMG / Non Management
Country Base: Japan
- To ensure that the financial records correctly and accurately reflect the financial performance of the company in accordance with statutory and ITG Group requirements
- To help maintain a strong and effective system of internal controls
- To ensure a fluid bank & cash operation to support the business
- To provide financial analysis and financial support upon request
Describe the key responsibilities and requirements for the role in sufficient details such that prospective applicants are able to understand the scope and influence of the role.
Financial Reporting and Analysis
- To analyze and monitor the transactions taking place in the organization and ensure that they are recorded according to the relevant local and international accounting standards
- To prepare the statutory accounts in accordance with Japan GAAP
- To prepare statements and reports within deadline and report in system in accordance with IFRS
- To keep track of the accounts receivable transactions and keep a record of the receipts and cash payments
- To keep track of fixed assets and inventory
- To conduct financial analysis and monitor the progress of promotional activities
- To help the managers track the usage of the overhead budget Japan office
- To follow the company’s systems and procedures facilitate the reporting of information pertinent to the various taxation returns that the company is required to lodge
- To prepare proper track and return for consumption tax, fixed assets tax, etc.
- To assist the preparation of taxation returns and payments of taxation liabilities, liaise with the various taxation authorities and tax advisers on all tax matters which include corporate income tax, excise duty, etc.
- To verify the invoices that have been submitted for approval and their appropriateness
- To assist external and internal auditors during audit
- To advise none-finance users regarding as for Finance systems
- To conduct reconciliations of recorded figures among Finance systems
- To assist the manager on all statutory returns in accordance to the relevant regulations.
Candidate Minimum Requirements
Describe the essential characteristics that the successful applicant will have e.g. qualifications, languages, etc. These will form the MUST HAVE list.
- At least 5-7 years Financial Accounting experience
- Knowledge in FP&A and taxation
- System orientated and comfortable managing the operation of an integrated information system
- Strong logical thinking with a comprehensive attitude of proactiveness, innovativeness and prudence
- Attention to detail and well-developed organizational skills
- Support cross functional activities which requires finance knowledge
- Good communication, interpersonal and team player skills
- Maintain good relationship with key stakeholders and ensure the service level is consistent
- Experience in SAP is plus
- Advanced English proficiency in writing
- Intermediate English proficiency in oral communication
- Logical Thinking
- Confident Honesty
- Commercial Flair
- Drive for result
Internal: Dealing with different teams in Japan, Cluster Finance Team in Taiwan, Division Finance Team in Bristol.
External: Liaising with professional service providers like audit, tax, consultancy, tax authorities, company registration authorities, Customs, banks, and insurance agent when required.