Supply & Demand Planning Manager
Reports to: Head of Finance
- To lead and manage the entire demand planning process and the development of accurate and timely demand forecasts.
- To record, analyse and cascade timely and accurate in-market & off-take sales reports.
- To ensure product purchase/delivery to warehouse from factories in accordance with corporate process and policy.
- To develop and manage optimum stock-holding levels throughout the supply chain to eliminate risk of out-of-stocks (and optimise working capital).
- To ensure logistics operation, effectively liaising with external logistics service suppliers.
- Provide the Management Team with visibility of the forecast, communicating the rationale for changes and identifying risks and opportunities.
- Works closely with all functions in Japan NGP business and develop a close working relationship with the Global Supply Group.
Principal Accountabilities and Responsibilities
Demand & Supply Planning
- Ensure the accuracy of the forecast for all product groups, in line with Supply Chain and Finance requirements, championing use of best practice methodologies for forecasting and scenario planning.
- Developing the appropriate statistical models for the baseline forecast and modelling of specific events, one-off impacts and new innovations.
- Conduct accurate scenario planning models and ensure that forecasting processes are aligned with key stakeholders in Finance and Sales & Marketing.
- Lead development of annual company volume forecast and ensure all the volume development in line with company plan.
- Prepare the forecast performance review and conduct a cross-functional forecast sign-off, protecting the integrity of the forecast while coming to an agreed position.
- Present forecast and analysis to key stakeholders and agree actions to address issues.
- Co-ordinate development of forecast for new products, initiatives, migrations and de-lists. Collaborate and engage with cross functions and stakeholders.
- Cascade overall channel/account demand forecasts by brand/SKU together with a commentary to explain trends to all sales & marketing users in line with agreed frequency.
- Liaise with distributor & ITG global supply chain operation to ensure production and shipment forecasts reflect agreed final company demand forecast by SKU.
- Analyse and report distributor/channel/account in-market sales volumes by customer/SKU in line with agreed frequency.
- Analyse and report customer off-take volumes in line with agreed frequency.
- Establish close working relationship with sales & marketing colleagues to ensure all brand/trade marketing activities, new innovations & promotions are in line with demand planning and forecasting for optimal result and impact in the field.
- Record & analyse forecast accuracy by customer/SKU ongoing and provide support to improve performance where necessary.
- Maintain an accurate history of in-market sales volumes by customer/brand/SKU.
- Responsible for inventory procurement process, planning and quality monitoring.
- Proactively manage the product flow from end to end with good and frequent communications with our key stakeholders such as distributors and logistics partners.
- Analyse and report on customer stockholding by SKU, identify any potential shortfalls vs offtake history and recommend necessary action to avoid potential out-of-stocks. Manage inventory with agreed stock level.
- Analyse and report on distributor stockholding by SKU, identify any potential shortfalls vs demand forecasts & shipment plans and recommend necessary action to avoid potential out-of-stocks.
- Working close with our Regional Supply Group and 3PL logistic service provider to ensure agreed customer service standard.
- Keeping senior management updated with the inventory level of main products by SKU.
- To ensure timely product delivery to warehouse liaising with Sales/Finance team and factories in overseas.
- Ensure smooth in-coming goods operation liaising with external logistics service providers.
- Coordinate ad-hock warehouse related works with external logistics service provider, such as inventory write-off and defect goods handling.
- Work closely with internal and external key stakeholders to enable smooth product launches and distribution across the country.
- To act as a contact point for product quality related issues and communicate with relevant parties.
Skills and experience
- Knowledge of channels & overall trade in FMCG environment.
- Demand planning expertise.
- Supply chain management expertise.
- Skills in spreadsheet development (MS Excel) and core demand forecasting systems.
- Strong presentation, influencing and general communication skills.
- University or above with Business major is preferred.
- Business level of spoken & written English.
- Knowledge / experience in SAP is plus.
- 6 year working experience in FMCG.
- 3+ years management experience in demand & supply planning in FMCG.